What Personal Information Does Sidechain Collect?
The information we gather from customers from the Website enables us to personalize and improve our services and to allow our users to setup a user account that can be used to access our services and other special features. We collect the following types of information from our customers and partners.
We often receive a confirmation when you open an email from Sidechain if your computer supports this type of program. Sidechain uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference during the registration process or by making a modification on your account page.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Website or services. Sidechain automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. Sidechain only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve those services. As part of the use of this information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Sidechain never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your full name, email address, telephone number, IP address, and browser information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to interact with other users, improving the content of the Website, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Sidechain cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will Sidechain Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:
We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items to you through Sidechain’s Website. In other situations, Sidechain provides services, or sells products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business, if you have agreed to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process.
We may send offers to you on behalf of other businesses if you have agreed to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Sidechain’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Sidechain, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Sidechain goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Sidechain may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Sidechain and Others:
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Sidechain, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Your Sidechain account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You should prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Sidechain endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Sidechain cannot guarantee the security of user account information.Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What personal information can I access?
Sidechain allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as our Website changes.
- Email address
- User account information
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information to use, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Sidechain features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the ‘What Personal Information Can I Access’ section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Sidechain account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at Sidechain site, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: May 2021