Data Security Engineer
Roles And Responsibilities
- Design, deploy, operate and maintain data security products from Thales (Vormetric), Protegrity, HP, Hashicorp, Sotero, and others
- Develop installation, configuration, and deployment methods including scripting, use of APIs, orchestration, automation, and database services to support the integration and configuration of CDM applications and security technologies
- Work with architects, integration engineers, and developers to design solutions and improve data quality, security, and compliance or extend current capabilities and offerings to customers
- Work closely with management support teams and customer network and operations teams to establish and document requirements to complete implementation and configuration tasks
- Assess system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters
- Create solutions to improve data quality, security, and compliance or extend current capabilities and offerings to customers
- Identify, analyze, define, and coordinate user, customer, and stakeholder needs and translates them into enterprise hardware and software requirements
- Identify and manage solution dependencies with other systems and elements of the enterprise IT infrastructure
- Identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Perform functional, requirements and product analysis, assist to establish interface definitions and translate customer needs into hardware and software requirements
- Perform data validation, analysis, warehousing, and data mining
- Accomplish extract, transform, and load operations to retrieve enrichment content from existing hardware, software, system boundary inventories
- Develop and maintain detailed installation documentation and SOPs as required
- Experience working with databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.), understanding of DB structures, and data types.
- Ability to troubleshoot broad-ranging issues (operating systems, network, firewall, COTS products, access and authentication
- Provide tool operations and maintenance support, Tier 3 customer support, and act as the subject matter expert
- Provide Tier 3 support to customers and act as the subject matter expert
- Provide mentoring and support to other engineers
- Experience with 3rd party tool integration using APIs and Database connections
- Ability to troubleshoot wide-ranging issues that cross team boundaries (OS, hardware, network, storage, firewall, COTS layers, customer access/authentication)
- In-depth experience with integrated security system architecture using general IT security concepts, network security and monitoring practices/methodologies
- Experience presenting material to senior management level and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Applicable Vendor Certified Administration certification is a plus
- Security+ and/or equivalent related IT Certification
- Effective communications skills, both oral and written
- Experience leading technical discussions with internal and external customers
- Experience in one or more scripting or programming language: Python, Java, UNIX shell, PowerShell
- Experience and use of the key technologies relevant to API and application configuration or integration including SSL, DHCP, Active Directory, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC
- Understanding of networking technologies including LAN/WAN, wireless, and VPN.
- Understanding of security design, network security architecture, network topology, and understanding of TCP/IP protocols; OSI model
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and GCP implementations and environments
- Extensive experience analyzing information technology and system risk in complex environments and articulating results (verbal/reports) to all levels of management
- Ability to research and address information security issues as required as an authority on the subject
- 5 years of experience in Information Technology
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience with the design and implementation of cyber security tools
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sidechain Security
Sidechain frees your business from the uncertainty and fear of disruption caused by the risk of cyberattacks, breaches of privacy, or lost customer trust. Our hands-on approach makes decades of data security expertise available to any sized business to develop, implement, and support cybersecurity solutions to give your company peace of mind.
From on-premises to the cloud, unleash your business and focus on what you do best.
Our commitment to customer success is why leading companies like Google, Wells Fargo, IBM, Zoom, Visa, and Sony trust Sidechain.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Sidechain delivers professional services and cybersecurity training to companies ranging from global Fortune 1000’s to small businesses.